THE SPECIALIZED ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM – ELHOVO HAS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING ETHNOGRAPHIC EXHIBITIONS IN BULGARIA
The town of Elhovo is built upon ancient settlements of the Thracians called Oruditsa.
In the Roman times it was a road station called Oruditsa ad Burgum. Later it was called Yanitsa and Yoanitsa , the Turks called it Yanidjali, Enidje Kazulagach and Kazulagach.
In 1925 it was remaned Elhovo. The rich etnographical heritaje of Elhovo and the region of Strandja – Sakar is being studied and preserved at the Etnographic Museum in the tawn.